Ciao and welcome to Italy, the perpetual and passionate beating heart of the Mediterranean. A timeless country with a history so powerful that the modern world has been influenced by its culture and cuisine.
With the imposing Rome as it’s capital, home to the Vatican and many ancient ruins, and other influential cities such as Venice, Florence and Milan, Italy stands as proud and as passionate as ever and is a stunning place to visit. Adoriamo l’Italia!
THE ITALIAN LAKES
Italy boasts more than 1500 lakes, many of which are situated in the north, adjacent to the awe-inspiring Alps mountain range. All have their own beautiful charm but 4 are widely considered to be the best, Lake Como, Lake Garda, Lake Orta and Lake Maggiore.
Lake Como is the most well known and is a magnet for the rich and famous with George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and even 007 himself relaxing in style on it’s shoreline whilst gazing at the magnificent Alps. If showbiz and glamour is for you then Lake Como is a must.
Lake Garda is the largest and is divided into 3 regions, Verona, Brescia and Trento, each distinctive in it’s own right with differing climates throughout the year. Surrounded by olive groves, vineyards and thermal spas, the scented warm air stimulates the senses daily.
The romance of Lake Orta takes you back in time, with picture postcard traditional houses, narrow cobbled streets and the beautiful island of San Giulio nestled in the lakes centre.
Lake Maggiore is the second largest lake and the epitome of peace, tranquility and elegance. The pretty villages and quaint towns are full of architectural beauty and charming traditional restaurants offering mouthwatering Italian fayre.
Our Resort Toscolano Maderno
Situated on the west coast of Lake Garda in the province of Brescia Toscolano Moderno is a town and commune perfectly set on the shoreline with breathtaking views of the surrounding hillside.
Rich in history, the two towns date back to Roman times and were the hub of industry and commerce, signs of which can still be seen today in the remains of Italy’s first ever paper mill.
Visit the quaint town squares and admire ancient architecture or just admire the breathtaking scenery, maybe take a horseback ride into the hills or even a round of golf. Whichever you choose, this beautiful traditional suntrap is sure to accommodate your desires.
HOTEL GARDA SOL****
The Garda Sol offers travellers a traditional taste of Italian life, a family managed hotel with all the features of a home from home. Charming and comfortable with all the facilities to make your stay at this lake view hotel a delightful experience.
Sit back and unwind on lazy days enjoying the outdoor pool and sun terrace or visit the wellness centre with its sauna, Turkish bath, spa bath and showers.
Wonderful Italian home cooked food is prepared in the on-site restaurant with flavours inspired by local and traditional dishes, served under the glistening moonlit waters on the al-fresco terrace.
All rooms include a TV, safe, hairdryer, toiletries, mini bar, telephone and free wifi.
Hotel facilities include
- Full service spa,
- Rooftop terrace,
- Seasonal outdoor pool,
- Swimming pool,
- Health club,
- Gardens and communal areas,
- Free wifi,
- Air conditioning.
Full day tour around the lake
Boat trip from Malcesine to Limone del Garda
- Departs from Lake Garda by Coach at 07:30, arrival in Venice at 11:00
- Transfer to Piazza San Marco by private boat
- Walking tour with guide
- Afternoon free time to explore
- Departs from San Marco at 17:00hrs by private boat
- Returns from Venice by coach, arrival in Lake Garda at 20:00
- Half day excursion to Verona
- Guided City Tour
- Valle delle Cartiere – Museum and scenic walk
- Museo della Carta – Local museum
- Chiesa di S. Andrea di Toscolano – Ancient local church
- Localita Cecina – Historic walk
- Villa Romana di Toscolano Maderno – Ancient ruins
Day Trip to Captivating Venice for £80
Historical Verona with Opera for £175
Top nearby attractions
What is included in the tour
- Stay at the 4* Garda Sol Hotel
- Your own single occupancy en suite room
- Half Board - Daily Breakfast & dinner
- Glass of Wine, Bottle Water, Coffee & Liquor with Dinner
- Excursions includes full day tour around the lake
- Boat tour from Malcesine to Limone del Garda
- Flights from any UK airport
- All Taxes & Surcharges
- 20Kg Baggage allowance and 5kg hand baggage.
- Airport transfers
- Dedicated GoSingles host at the hotel
- Welcome get together
- Coordinated site-seeing and activities (Optional Extra)
- Meet other single, like minded travellers who wish to socialise and make new friends
Price excludes Tourist Tax Euro 2/ person/ day to be paid locally.